Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Milwaukee Cop Says To Skip 911
Milwaukee Cop Says To Skip 911 [message #75367] Mon, 28 January 2013 10:01 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
In light of recent events and the highly political/controversial gun control debate, what are your thoughts on this? A Milwaukee sheriff is advocating certified firearms safety training and telling viewers that simply calling 911 and waiting for help is no longer the best solution.
Re: Milwaukee Cop Says To Skip 911 [message #75409 is a reply to message #75367] Fri, 01 February 2013 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I've never thought that calling 911 and waiting defenselessly was a good solution. I think it's great that a member of law enforcement has come out in support of citizen gun ownership and firearms safety training.
Re: Milwaukee Cop Says To Skip 911 [message #75567 is a reply to message #75409] Tue, 19 February 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thermionic is currently offline  Thermionic
Master
It's never been the job of the police to act as a personal security force for individuals. Their duty is to enforce the laws of their jurisdiction, hence the term "law enforcement officer." A good buddy of mine who is a cop will readily tell you this. Like this Wisconsin sheriff, he is a strong advocate of individuals providing their own selves the means for personal defense, in the form of mature and responsible firearm ownership, high quality firearms training, and concealed carry.

He also advocates common-sense measures to secure your home and property, such as a good security system, plenty of exterior lighting to avoid large shadowed areas, motion sensor lights, eschewing bushes and shrubs that offer would-be intruders a place to hide, etc. And, common-sense measures when in public, such as situational awareness at all times, avoiding potentially dangerous areas and/or confrontational situations, etc. But, when all else fails, a gun in the hand is far better than a cop on the phone.

Thermionic
Re: Milwaukee Cop Says To Skip 911 [message #76186 is a reply to message #75367] Fri, 05 April 2013 06:29 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
That reminds me of a sign I saw recently. It read: "We don't call 911 - we call .357". If I had a gun, that would be what I would think of first.
Previous Topic: Snacking on public transport
Next Topic: Easier to travel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:42:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout