Home » Audio » Radio » Radio at the Gym
Radio at the Gym [message #75398] Thu, 31 January 2013 14:00 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My gym has satellite radio that they pipe over the speakers for people without mp3 players. It's pretty nice because they change the station daily so we're not always listening to the same stuff. I was quite impressed with the variety. Do you use satellite radio?
Re: Radio at the Gym [message #75708 is a reply to message #75398] Tue, 05 March 2013 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
No, I don't use satellite radio. I know it has greater variety and sometimes I think that would be nice, but I don't want to pay for it.
Re: Radio at the Gym [message #75732 is a reply to message #75708] Wed, 06 March 2013 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I use satellite radio all the time in the car and from time to time in the house. Sound quality seems to be a jump above MP3 but not truly hi-fi. Nice playing in the background though. In the car it's nice as the stations don't go away every 50-100 miles. You can listen to your favorite stuff all the time anywhere.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Radio at the Gym [message #75761 is a reply to message #75732] Mon, 11 March 2013 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
gofar99 wrote on Wed, 06 March 2013 17:54
Hi, I use satellite radio all the time in the car and from time to time in the house. Sound quality seems to be a jump above MP3 but not truly hi-fi. Nice playing in the background though. In the car it's nice as the stations don't go away every 50-100 miles. You can listen to your favorite stuff all the time anywhere.

That would be really nice. I don't have satellite radio, so I have to surf the frequencies when I'm on a road trip. I'm used to it and it's not bad, but not having to do switch all the time, especially in mountainous areas, would be great.
Re: Radio at the Gym [message #76172 is a reply to message #75398] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:21 Go to previous message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I love having music to work out to. I just hate that some people have the nerve to complain, just because they don't want to hear certain types of music. That is why a lot of gyms choose to go without it.
Previous Topic: Crosley Radios
Next Topic: Sports on the Radio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:39:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout