Home » xyzzy » Tower » How to connect two computers together
How to connect two computers together [message #75476] Fri, 08 February 2013 21:08 Go to next message
Sonicsound is currently offline  Sonicsound
Baron
I remember a while ago when I had Kaspersky anti-virus, and I was looking for a way to connect my computer to another computer so that I could scan it. I started looking around for USB cables that may help me to connect the computers but to no avail. I know there has to be a way to do this, but I am just not sure how. Could anyone tell me the correct equipment I would need to do this?
Re: How to connect two computers together [message #75510 is a reply to message #75476] Tue, 12 February 2013 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Well, for the purposes of anti-virus scanning, could you not just download the software to the second computer? For other purposes, I'm not sure how you would connect two computers together. I'd be interested to know, though!
Re: How to connect two computers together [message #75521 is a reply to message #75510] Wed, 13 February 2013 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sonicsound is currently offline  Sonicsound
Baron
Well, I ask because my friend had a virus on her computer that would not allow her to go online. I thought I would try somehow connecting my computer to hers and scanning it with the antivirus program I had at the time.
Re: How to connect two computers together [message #75542 is a reply to message #75476] Sat, 16 February 2013 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
You can remove the hard drive from the infected computer and then connect it to your computer with a USB to SATA cable. Then use the antivirus software to scan the infected hard drive.
Re: How to connect two computers together [message #75551 is a reply to message #75476] Mon, 18 February 2013 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FL152 is currently offline  FL152
Chancellor
Download free Malwarebytes on USB stick (or CD) and use it on infected PC.
Scan USB stick after this, too.
Re: How to connect two computers together [message #76168 is a reply to message #75476] Thu, 04 April 2013 07:18 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
It seems like it should be easier to connect two computers together. Most computers give you that option. I just don't understand the technical jargon. I am sure it is one of those, "It's simple once you know how" things.
Previous Topic: TAX TIME
Next Topic: Fluid in the Ears
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:46:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout