Home » Audio » Movies & Music » The Hobbit
The Hobbit [message #76060] Thu, 28 March 2013 18:32 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I'm a big fan of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I haven't had a chance to watch The Hobbit yet. Has anyone here seen it? Is it as good as the Lord of the Rings? Is it a must-have for a LotR geek like myself?
Re: The Hobbit [message #76078 is a reply to message #76060] Fri, 29 March 2013 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I saw it and thought it was pretty good. You should check it out. It'll be interesting to see how the other movies in the trilogy are.
Re: The Hobbit [message #76130 is a reply to message #76060] Mon, 01 April 2013 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
I just watched it over the weekend and I thought it was really good. Just so you know, it's not a stand-alone movie. It's going to be another trilogy, so they leave you hanging at the end! Wink
Re: The Hobbit [message #76140 is a reply to message #76130] Tue, 02 April 2013 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Kenwoody wrote on Mon, 01 April 2013 13:23
I just watched it over the weekend and I thought it was really good. Just so you know, it's not a stand-alone movie. It's going to be another trilogy, so they leave you hanging at the end! Wink

I didn't know this; I thought it was just going to be one movie since the Hobbit was just one book. (Lord of the Rings was originally three books so three movies made sense.)

I think we are going to buy it tonight to watch later this week. How long is it? Is it a super long movie like each of the Lord of the Rings movies?
Re: The Hobbit [message #76153 is a reply to message #76140] Wed, 03 April 2013 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, I was surprised that they were making it a trilogy too, but I guess they are going to portray some of the things that were "off screen" in the book, like driving out the Necromancer.
Re: The Hobbit [message #76173 is a reply to message #76060] Thu, 04 April 2013 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
I watched a little of it while on a flight the other day. It had pretty cool graphics, but I felt like it would be too much to follow, and I just didn't have that kind of concentration at the moment.
Re: The Hobbit [message #76261 is a reply to message #76060] Wed, 10 April 2013 06:46 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There was a really great scene in the movie. It was the council meeting between Elrond, Gandalf, Galadriel, and Saruman. It was awesome watching Saruman pretending he was truly concerned about the Necromancer and not already plotting to gain more power.
Previous Topic: School House Rock - Music to Help Kids Learn
Next Topic: Neil Smith Died
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:54:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout