Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Any grunge fans?
Any grunge fans? [message #7595] Sun, 27 January 2008 11:53 Go to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Hard to believe the Seattle sound is 20 years old. When it first came out I was blessed with a very hip student-run college radio station on campus. There was always something new playing, and I guess I should have paid more attention. Not sure what good that would have done, since I was a poor student and couldn't have afforded tunes anyway. Well, the years have gone by too quickly and I feel a need to reconnect with that sound. Not everyone's cup-'o-tea, but it's still better than anything in recent memory.....C

Re: Any grunge fans? [message #7596 is a reply to message #7595] Sun, 27 January 2008 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Same for me. Only one thing, couldn't stand Nirvana. Well, let me clarify--couldn't stand Cobain's voice. Great songwriting, but his voice was just too much. Course they were the postor child, but of the big name Seattle bands I much preferred Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and Alice in Chains. Lots of other lesser known that were good.

Re: Any grunge fans? [message #7597 is a reply to message #7596] Mon, 28 January 2008 11:40 Go to previous message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I agree Cobain's voice lacked the polish of most lead voaclist, but that's what I liked about him. There was just something very pure about the way he phrased. Hard to believe he would have been 41 this year.

Kids are at school and one is taking a nap, time to listen to some Soul Asylum......C

Previous Topic: Is that "slow Ride" my daughter asks....
Next Topic: Joe Bonamassa EP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 16:16:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout