Home » xyzzy » Tower » No DVI cables?
No DVI cables? [message #75495] Mon, 11 February 2013 11:44 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm trying to upgrade my in-law's computer and it turns out I need a DVI cable for the monitor. I went to Walmart and Target and neither place had one. All they had were VGA and HDMI cables. Since it was almost 10 pm, I didn't have the option to go to another store, so I had to order the cable online. I'm just really surprised DVI cables aren't more readily available. It was frustrating.
Re: No DVI cables? [message #75908 is a reply to message #75495] Wed, 20 March 2013 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I guess I'm a little surprised you weren't able to find the DVI cable at a store either. Did you get the computer set up yet?
Re: No DVI cables? [message #75923 is a reply to message #75495] Wed, 20 March 2013 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, They are not used by most manufacturers now. HDMI is the champ and the mini HDMI catching up as well. I usually go to Amazon to get stuff like that as they will have a large selection and the prices are quite cheap compared to brick and mortar stores. I find it insane that a 6 foot no frills HDMI in the stores is $50 or more when one of the same quality on Amazon is $6 and often is delivered in 1-2 days for about $3.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: No DVI cables? [message #75934 is a reply to message #75495] Thu, 21 March 2013 09:48 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, the computer is set up now. I didn't realize the DVI was losing ground already but I guess it is.

Bruce, normally I order on Amazon anyway too, but I didn't realize my in-laws had DVI until I was there working on it and they wanted it fixed right away. They weren't happy when they found out I would have to order online, but what else could I do?
Previous Topic: Happy Birthday, Bach
Next Topic: TAX TIME
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:22:08 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout