Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Supertramp: Live in Paris '79 (Blu-Ray)
Supertramp: Live in Paris '79 [message #75756] Sat, 09 March 2013 16:47 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm in a sentimental mood today. If you're 50 or older but still feel like 25, relate. It's 1979, and there is no internet, no cell phones and no personal computers anywhere. IBM formally stated that they were not interested in desktop comuters - that they considered "toys" - but if you were the geeky type and wanted a microcomputer, you could buy an Apple II at Team Electronics or a TRS-80 at Radio Shack. Or if you were really cool, you could run an Altair or IMSAI running CP/M. Pretty much all good electronics equipment was made in America. The π Speakers Constant Directivity Cornerhorn was just a prototype that nobody outside of Tulsa, Oklahoma ever heard of. MTV didn't exist yet, for that matter, cable TV was only available in a few select markets.

But we had Breakfast in America:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51CoblgscgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Re: Supertramp: Live in Paris '79 [message #75926 is a reply to message #75756] Thu, 21 March 2013 07:57 Go to previous message
Kenwoody is currently offline  Kenwoody
Viscount
Supertramp Live in '79, nice. I'm a big fan of Supertramp; the sax part in The Logical Song is what made me pick the sax to play when I joined the band back in middle school. (Wish I would have stuck with it.) I have a lot of concerts on DVD these days, but none by Supertramp; I'll definitely have to snag a copy.
Previous Topic: Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live
Next Topic: Best place to order audio CDs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 18:02:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout