Home » Audio » Movies & Music » "Best Of" collections.
"Best Of" collections. [message #7585] Mon, 17 December 2007 20:59 Go to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
OK, guys. I need some help here. As those of you who know me know I am seriously into classical music, particularly baroque. Unfortunately, most folks aren't. I need some music to demo my speakers with and disparately need some stuff in the 70's - 80's rock genre. I do have a decent selection of Alison Kraus, Diana Krall, Cassandra Wilson, James Taylor, Jim Brickman, that sort of thing. My thought is to acquire a half dozen or so anthologies to fill in the rock genre, but have no clue what to get.

I did pick up the Steely Dan "Live in America". This I can listen to, but I don't particularly like the "live" format. I picked up the 2 disk Led Zeppelin "Mothership". I have absolutely no feel for this. Is there anything "good" in there?

Help! Any suggestions on half a dozen or so CD's that would be useful, at least for demo purposes.

Thanks,
Bob
Re: "Best Of" collections. [message #7586 is a reply to message #7585] Mon, 17 December 2007 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'll think on this as I don't have a lot of anthology stuff that sounds all that good, but one is the Rolling Stones-"40 Licks". A 2 CD set that has pretty much all the popular Stones songs like Gimme Shelter (one of my favorites). Another might be the Eagles Live 2CD set or even just the Hotel California album.

Re: "Best Of" collections. [message #60039 is a reply to message #7585] Mon, 06 July 2009 10:13 Go to previous message
savvyeyty is currently offline  savvyeyty
Esquire
Why not try Beatles.
Previous Topic: Music from LSAF
Next Topic: BluRay
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:54:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio