Home » Audio » General » Sound & Water Experiment
Sound & Water Experiment [message #75831] Mon, 18 March 2013 11:43 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
What are your thoughts on the Amazing Water & Sound Experiment video here? I am highly skeptical but don't know enough to positively refute it.
Re: Sound & Water Experiment [message #76044 is a reply to message #75831] Wed, 27 March 2013 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Don't really know but it would be fun to try just for the fun of it on some old speaker you don't care about (except for the reverse part that's gotta be fake). What the heck why not, now it wants me to try it out this summer just for some fun. Very Happy
Re: Sound & Water Experiment [message #76055 is a reply to message #76044] Thu, 28 March 2013 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Do it, Bill! You can make your own video and upload it here for us; I'd trust your video over some random person on YouTube and I don't have any spare speakers right now to do it myself.
Re: Sound & Water Experiment [message #76057 is a reply to message #76055] Thu, 28 March 2013 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AudioFred is currently offline  AudioFred
Illuminati (1st Degree)
It's a great example of time lapse photography. The camera takes the same number of images per second as the frequency that's modulating the water column, so when the pictures are shown as a video, the column appears to be a sine wave. If you were watching it in real time you would not see it this way at all.
Re: Sound & Water Experiment [message #76118 is a reply to message #76057] Sun, 31 March 2013 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Yes, but what if you went lower in frequency?
Re: Sound & Water Experiment [message #76320 is a reply to message #75831] Tue, 16 April 2013 08:44 Go to previous message
Danny is currently offline  Danny
Master
This is just what I needed out in my backyard! I am pretty sure I have everything I need to do it. Some of the other videos on that page are also very interesting.
Previous Topic: Clock radio that plays MP3
Next Topic: Your commercials are quieter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:12:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout