Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson
Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7551] Thu, 04 October 2007 08:38 Go to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
It is very well done and for me after the second listen I was hooked on it. It's not flashy but understated. The acoustic work is superb and the sound is clean, crisp and liquid.

If you like Mark's guitar work and acoustic instruments in general you will love this album. It sounds like a combination of his ballads with a dash of jazz and a touch of Acadian music thrown in for good measure. I'm probably mistaken in my definition but I'm used to being incorrect.

Mike

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7552 is a reply to message #7551] Thu, 04 October 2007 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That sounds good. Knopfler has always had an interesting sound.

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7553 is a reply to message #7551] Thu, 04 October 2007 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks for the heads-up.

I'd love to have one of the Pensa-Suhr electrics he uses. Gorgeous guitars.

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7554 is a reply to message #7552] Sat, 06 October 2007 02:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Superb musician. One of the very few from the 'classic' era doing original work today. "All The Road Running" and "Brothers In Arms"!are on the table almost daily.

Thanks for letting us know about the new one.

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7556 is a reply to message #7551] Sat, 06 October 2007 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jarnold is currently offline  Jarnold
Chancellor
What genre is this artist put under? I just wiki'd him very quickly and couldn't find anything. I'm not really familiar with foreign artists (artists other than in america), so forgive me for being ignorant

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7558 is a reply to message #7556] Mon, 08 October 2007 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Here are a few albums from Mark Knopfler:

Remember the Dire Straits? Mark Knopfler formed that band with his brother David in the late 1970's.

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7559 is a reply to message #7554] Mon, 08 October 2007 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
If you can handle old country standards done by two of the best then check out Neck & Neck with Mark & Chet Atkins. They obviously enjoyed making this album as it shows all the way through it. Some very good music on it. I get Mark out the left channel and Chet on the right. Interesting to hear two similar yet different styles.

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7560 is a reply to message #7559] Tue, 09 October 2007 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Yup!

I play that a lot, too. It was right about that time when the Urban Cowboy thing got really big in the U.K. Atkins obviously made a big impression on Knopfler, he really sounds Country singing with Emmy Lou.

Interesting guy.

Re: Mark Knopfler's new album. Kill to get crimson [message #7563 is a reply to message #7560] Wed, 10 October 2007 10:06 Go to previous message
Grand Master
I'm not much on music DVD's as I'd rather listen than watch some of the onstage antics. That said I have Dire Straits DVD On The Night and it's absolutely stunning sonically. If you've never heard a steel guitar in a metal band this is your chance. They traveled with 8 band members which I never knew before I had this DVD. Very powerfull music they make.

Sort of related is my very short list of DVD's I watch. Pink Floyd-Pulse. The only light show I ever enjoyed period. Great music also. The Eagles-Farewell Tour. Very little theatrics, just good music.

Previous Topic: Teresa James
Next Topic: Rita Coolidge
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 22:14:14 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout