Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Tornado Watch
Tornado Watch [message #75392] Wed, 30 January 2013 14:20 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Our community is under a tornado watch until further notice. Tornado watches and warnings always make me so nervous! What's the best way to prepare for a tornado?
Re: Tornado Watch [message #75393 is a reply to message #75392] Wed, 30 January 2013 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The best thing to do to prepare is to build an underground storm shelter.

Then again, I live in Tulsa where tornados are fairly common. Most people that have lived in Tulsa a while are so used to them we go outside and watch 'em.

They are extremely damaging to things they touch (obviously) but the damage is very localized. You'll see one house destroyed and the one right beside it has nothing changed, not even leaves blown off the trees.

Re: Tornado Watch [message #75407 is a reply to message #75393] Fri, 01 February 2013 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Wayne Parham wrote on Wed, 30 January 2013 14:33

They are extremely damaging to things they touch (obviously) but the damage is very localized. You'll see one house destroyed and the one right beside it has nothing changed, not even leaves blown off the trees.

We had a tornado a couple of years ago that struck (and destroyed) a family member's house. However, it left her neighbor's house completely intact. It's wild to me how powerful a tornado is, yet how concentrated the damage can be!
Re: Tornado Watch [message #75423 is a reply to message #75392] Sat, 02 February 2013 16:05 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I grew up in the midwest, so we usually didn't even bother to go down to the basement if we were in a tornado warning. I've driven away from a funnel before but never purposely stood outside to watch them.
Previous Topic: Obama's press conference today
Next Topic: Super Bowl Commercials
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:05:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout