Home » xyzzy » Tower » Friend's Wedding
Friend's Wedding [message #75073] Fri, 28 December 2012 12:55 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
A friend of mine just got engaged and invited me and my wife to the wedding, which is a few months away. I've known the guy since I was in middle school, so what's the protocol here? Should I buy him a wedding gift, should I give him cash, what should I do?
Re: Friend's Wedding [message #75108 is a reply to message #75073] Mon, 31 December 2012 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I don't think you have to do anything right away. Once the wedding comes closer, they'll probably have a wedding registry where they'll ask for certain items, and then you could buy them something that's on the registry if you'd like.
Re: Friend's Wedding [message #75145 is a reply to message #75073] Fri, 04 January 2013 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Personally, if you want to get them something I would go with a gift card to one of the stores they are registered at. That way if they don't get something they really wanted on their registry they can use the gift card towards getting it.
Re: Friend's Wedding [message #75156 is a reply to message #75073] Sat, 05 January 2013 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
Cash is always good, particularly if they are saving up for something. Usually there will be a couple of parties before the wedding too. I am not sure how many of these guys are invited to though. Generally the bride will have at least 1 bridal shower where she gets gifts. Sometimes there is an engagement party too.

Most couples will register somewhere for what they need, but it you haven't heard anything in a month or so it is okay to ask what they prefer.

80's Girl
Re: Friend's Wedding [message #75159 is a reply to message #75073] Sat, 05 January 2013 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I usually give gift cards like LuvMartin because I have had bad experience with the registries. I got things I registered for but they never took items off so I ended up with a lot of the same stuff. For me it is easier to give a gift card and let them get what they want.
Re: Friend's Wedding [message #75252 is a reply to message #75073] Tue, 15 January 2013 06:11 Go to previous message
elizabeth.evenson is currently offline  elizabeth.evenson
Esquire
Gift card is the something that I always prefer to give as wedding gift because you never know the taste of the couple, let them decide what they want.
Previous Topic: Making the internet work for you
Next Topic: Html and Css
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 17 22:09:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout