Home » xyzzy » Tower » Making the internet work for you
Making the internet work for you [message #75162] Sat, 05 January 2013 19:55 Go to next message
Sonicsound is currently offline  Sonicsound
Baron
I am constantly working on my blog and trying to get as many views as possible to the end of somehow getting noticed for my natural talents. What are some ways you have made the internet work for you in order to become successful?
Re: Making the internet work for you [message #75164 is a reply to message #75162] Sun, 06 January 2013 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
Getting targeted traffic is one of the biggest difficulties for people who have a blog on the internet. I currently have 3 blogs I am growing in an effort to make a full time income online. Without knowing specifically what your blog is about here are some ideas you might try to get traffic:

1. Find a forum in that niche and participate - get involved, but don't sell anything. A lot of forum's will let you put your website in your signature so every time you share there is a link.

2. Find someone in a niche that is complimentary to yours and offer to write them a guest post. This will give you exposure to their customers.

3. Use social media and ask people to give an opinion on your blog. You can do this in groups that you think have people who might enjoy your blog. A question like, "I have just changed the theme on my blog, www.ccc.com, check it out and let me know what you think."

These are just a couple of ideas that usually work. If you want to let me know what your niche is I can give you some more specific ideas. Good Luck!

80's Girl
Re: Making the internet work for you [message #75166 is a reply to message #75162] Sun, 06 January 2013 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
Great response 80's Girl! I am about to try and get my blog up and running again and I would like to be able to monetize it. I think the tips you shared will really help me get some new traffic. Thanks!
Re: Making the internet work for you [message #75172 is a reply to message #75162] Mon, 07 January 2013 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sonicsound is currently offline  Sonicsound
Baron
Your advice is extremely helpful! I my niche is fine art and design, and fortunately I have come up with a lot of ideas to get myself noticed. I would in the long run like to sell something, but I suppose I'm fine with building a name and getting exposure. I also think I may need to make more posts.
Re: Making the internet work for you [message #75174 is a reply to message #75172] Mon, 07 January 2013 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
Updating regularly is definitely an important part of attracting and keeping visitors. You gave some really great advice there 80's girl! I really need to get back to work on my own site.
Re: Making the internet work for you [message #75251 is a reply to message #75162] Tue, 15 January 2013 06:09 Go to previous message
elizabeth.evenson is currently offline  elizabeth.evenson
Esquire
80'sGirl has mentioned wonderful ways of generating backlinks to the blog. Regular updating the blog and participating in comments can increase the visitor loyalty of the blog and increase the blog visitors by referrals.
Previous Topic: Rain
Next Topic: Friend's Wedding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:42:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout