Home » Audio » Home Theater » Audio vs. Video Upgrades
Audio vs. Video Upgrades [message #74623] Wed, 28 November 2012 09:04 Go to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
We all know about the upgrades in the video aspect of home entertainment systems, but do you think the audio is being upgraded at the same pace? All the commercials for new T.V.'s and such that I see emphasize the picture quality but they don't say anything about the audio.
Re: Audio vs. Video Upgrades [message #75095 is a reply to message #74623] Sun, 30 December 2012 22:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Where TVs are concerned, no, I don't think emphasis is being placed on audio quality in the same manner that it is with picture quality. We recently bought a 50" flat screen and even though the picture quality is absolutely stunning, the audio quality of the TV itself is downright disappointing. We eventually had to buy a stereo system to run the sound through.
Re: Audio vs. Video Upgrades [message #75099 is a reply to message #75095] Mon, 31 December 2012 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, I agree that the audio is not really any better. The emphasis on more channels and such, but when you actually look at what you are getting it isn't much. 7 channels of audio through 2.5 inch speakers and one 8 inch sub do not really constitute high quality audio. I tapped into my 55 incher so I could get the audio output before it went to the amps and routed it to an external amp and a pair of vintage Klipsch floor standing speakers (2.5 ways with a huge 12 inch passive radiator). The sound is pretty good that way. Of course the second issue is that much of the programming is seriously deficient. At least I have clean sounding distortion. Rolling Eyes

The up side is that Blue Ray disks tend to have pretty good sound so there is hope for the future. In the mean time, the two supposed to be good AV receivers I own gather dust in the shed.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Audio vs. Video Upgrades [message #75163 is a reply to message #74623] Sun, 06 January 2013 07:43 Go to previous message
80sgirl is currently offline  80sgirl
Chancellor
I am not sure how many people who purchase these great new HD televisions use only the speakers in the TV. With the emphasis on home theatre a number of years ago I think many people already have at least a couple of speakers.

I agree with gofar99, Blue Ray disks seem to have pretty good sound so maybe that technology will find its way to television.

80's Girl
Previous Topic: Problem With Video Out
Next Topic: Running Video Game Console Through Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 11:15:46 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers