Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Peaceful Warrior
Peaceful Warrior [message #7512] Thu, 19 July 2007 09:08 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

This is a great movie. Someone told me I'd like the book about 15 years ago, but I never got around to reading it. Should have, it's great. It reminds me of Richard Bach's Illusions.

Re: Peaceful Warrior [message #7513 is a reply to message #7512] Thu, 19 July 2007 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I'll have to catch the movie. I read the book about 12 years ago. I didn't think much of it.....

Re: Peaceful Warrior [message #7514 is a reply to message #7513] Fri, 20 July 2007 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Did you ever read Richard Bach's Illusions? If so, what did you think of it? I never read Peaceful Warrior, maybe it's a dry read. Another one I was told was good but never found the time to read was Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Re: Peaceful Warrior [message #7515 is a reply to message #7514] Mon, 23 July 2007 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Melissa is currently offline  Melissa
Viscount
Read Richard Bach's Illusions (liked it very much), did not read the Peaceful Warrior, I did enjoy the movie. Reminded me of The Karate Kid.

Re: Peaceful Warrior [message #7516 is a reply to message #7514] Tue, 24 July 2007 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I thought Peaceful Warrior was just poorly written fiction at best. However, a majority of the reviews on Amazon are glowing. If I ever find the book, I'll give it another try. I will checkout the movie

I went through a numer of books at the end of grad school. It was a pretty crappy time in my life, and I was just looking for a way to get through the next day. "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" was the one that really changed my life. I thought it was so cool the main character was getting his PhD in Rhetoric. I had no idea one could get a degree in that, much less a PhD. Well, it turns out I met a woman a few weeks that had a PhD in Rhetoric! I took that as a cosmic sign and asked ne to marry me on our first date. Nine years and five kids later, I still don't know what one does to get a degree in rhetoric....

Re: Peaceful Warrior [message #7517 is a reply to message #7516] Tue, 24 July 2007 23:12 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Now, that's truly awesome, Colin.

What a story!

Previous Topic: Running with scissors
Next Topic: Not to be missed Saint-Saens SACD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 01:44:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio