Home » Audio » General » New MP3 Player
New MP3 Player [message #75053] Thu, 27 December 2012 11:28 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
My mother-in-law was nice enough to buy me an mp3 player for Christmas this year, seeing as how I've been on a fitness kick lately and going to the gym several times a week. It's not an iPod brand like my wife's is, so it's not going to use iTunes to sync the music from the computer to the mp3 player, right? Since my wife already has an iPod and iTunes on her computer, is that going to cause problems when I try to sync music on my Sony Walkman?
Re: New MP3 Player [message #75055 is a reply to message #75053] Thu, 27 December 2012 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Congrats on the gift, timron. Smile You're right about your mp3 player using another software program. I'm not sure which one Sony uses, but I know it isn't iTunes. I don't think it will cause any problems though. The first time you plug your Sony into the computer, it should automatically detect it and install the software it needs. After that, it will probably allow you to import all the music on your hard drive into that program and then sync it to the Sony. Then, whenever you plug your wife's iPod into the computer, it will sync through iTunes, and whenever you plug your Sony into the computer, it will sync through its software.
Re: New MP3 Player [message #75071 is a reply to message #75055] Fri, 28 December 2012 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Thanks, iLoveiPod. I still haven't had a chance to plug the Walkman into the computer yet, but in the end, I'm sure I'm probably worried over nothing. I just don't want some type of error message that says our music can't be in iTunes AND another software program at the same time. I'll know by this evening either way, though.
Re: New MP3 Player [message #75084 is a reply to message #75071] Fri, 28 December 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I have an ipod and a Creative Zen V. I use the Zen when I work out and transfer files from iTunes to the Zen no problem. I just have to have the files converted to mp3 is all. The newest version of iTunes will do it no problem.
Re: New MP3 Player [message #75090 is a reply to message #75084] Sun, 30 December 2012 19:18 Go to previous message
Grand Master
Shane wrote on Fri, 28 December 2012 22:31
I have an ipod and a Creative Zen V. I use the Zen when I work out and transfer files from iTunes to the Zen no problem. I just have to have the files converted to mp3 is all. The newest version of iTunes will do it no problem.

Awesome! I thought I would have had a chance to sync my mp3 player up to the desktop by now, but I've been so busy taking care of "after Christmas" errands that I haven't had the time. It's good to know that iTunes can handle more than just iPods, though.
Previous Topic: Garage Systems
Next Topic: Music In War Zones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 09:28:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout