Home » Audio » General » Car DVD Players
Car DVD Players [message #74901] Thu, 13 December 2012 09:15 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
We bought one of those portable DVD players for the car for our kids for an upcoming road trip. Fortunately it has two screens since the kids are facing opposite ways in their car seats. I don't know, though, if I can hook the player up to the car speakers or if I'm stuck with the internal speakers of the player. Do you have a car DVD player and can you use the car speakers?
Re: Car DVD Players [message #74909 is a reply to message #74901] Thu, 13 December 2012 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I don't have one of those portable DVD players (unfortunately for me) but I think if it's meant to be used inside a vehicle, that you can wire it to the car speakers. Not to discourage you, but wouldn't you rather just get a couple pairs of headphones for the kids? Then you don't have to listen to Barney (or anything else that's equally annoying) while you're in the car!
Re: Car DVD Players [message #74919 is a reply to message #74909] Thu, 13 December 2012 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A simple way to do that is to get one of the cheap transmitter devices that allow you to play MP3 etc through the FM section of the car radio. Many can be had for under $20. No cutting etc and patching into the wiring. Now that said many recent car radios have an aux input that will accept the output from a device like you bought.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Car DVD Players [message #74922 is a reply to message #74901] Thu, 13 December 2012 21:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vaiger is currently offline  Vaiger
Viscount
You can use the car speakers, but in your case I would opt for headphones. If I were driving a car on a road trip I wouldn't want the distraction of all that noise.
Re: Car DVD Players [message #74968 is a reply to message #74901] Sun, 16 December 2012 07:30 Go to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Thanks everybody. We found a cable that will go from the DVD player to the auxiliary jack of our car's sound system. We are doing it this way since the baby can't really wear headphones. When she is napping, however, we do have a set of headphones for the preschooler and then we will be able to listen to something else while the kid watches her movies.
Previous Topic: Why Facebook Was Down
Next Topic: PC to Smartphone
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 04:59:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout