Home » Audio » General » Hearing Loss
Hearing Loss [message #74675] Fri, 30 November 2012 10:12 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Do you have any hearing loss? Is it fairly frequency-specific, or broadband? Do you think it's environmental, genetic, or both?

My hearing is still pretty good. I probably can't now, but I could still hear the teenager cell phone ringtone in my mid-20s.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74687 is a reply to message #74675] Fri, 30 November 2012 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I've never been to a doctor to know for sure if I have any hearing loss or not, but I imagine I probably do. I have to ask people to repeat themselves a lot, and I doubt it's always them. (Of course, I always blame it on them, ha ha!) If I do have some true hearing loss, I imagine it's from listening to my headphones too loud.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74695 is a reply to message #74687] Sat, 01 December 2012 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
iLoveiPod wrote on Fri, 30 November 2012 19:06
I've never been to a doctor to know for sure if I have any hearing loss or not, but I imagine I probably do. I have to ask people to repeat themselves a lot, and I doubt it's always them. (Of course, I always blame it on them, ha ha!) If I do have some true hearing loss, I imagine it's from listening to my headphones too loud.

That is super easy to do, especially if the headphones aren't good at blocking out ambient noise. Then you keep turning them up to hear the music and blast your ears without realizing it.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74699 is a reply to message #74675] Sat, 01 December 2012 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I know I'm losing my hearing. I am constantly saying what? I think it's more in my left ear over my right ear. I have never really been a fan of earbuds so I don't know what is causing it.

Let's chat!
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74708 is a reply to message #74675] Sat, 01 December 2012 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingfish is currently offline  Kingfish
Illuminati (1st Degree)
My hearing is just fine. It's my eyesight I'm starting to worry about. I've never listened to music really loud either, so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74723 is a reply to message #74708] Sun, 02 December 2012 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Chicken - My headphones actually work well at blocking out external noise, but I'm just one of those people that likes to listen to their music REALLY loud! I've stopped listening to my headphones as loudly as I used to though, because I've started to develop some paranoia about permanent hearing damage.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74751 is a reply to message #74675] Thu, 06 December 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I know that my hearing is not as good as it used to be, but I haven't been tested since I was a kid in school. I am sure that all or some of mine is related to my concert going days and listening to music too loud.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74777 is a reply to message #74675] Sat, 08 December 2012 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DeccoRec is currently offline  DeccoRec
Chancellor
Diagnosed with moderate hearing loss in both ears and waiting for a call from Costco to pick up my first hearing aids. Farewell beloved headsets!
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74778 is a reply to message #74675] Sat, 08 December 2012 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Chicken wrote on Fri, 30 November 2012 10:12
Do you have any hearing loss?

Could you speak up please? Laughing

I have a little loss in my left ear, but other then that I'm good.I don't why either because if the right side is good, shouldn't the left be also?

Oh well, one of those things I guess.
Re: Hearing Loss [message #74918 is a reply to message #74675] Thu, 13 December 2012 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
DeccoRec is currently offline  DeccoRec
Chancellor
I pick up my new CIC (Completely in Canal) hearing aids for the first time tomorrow. What do you guys recommend for earphones for my mp3 player and pc for gaming?
Previous Topic: Mac won't play Youtube
Next Topic: Ear problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:18:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout