Home » Audio » General » Musical Toys for Kids
Musical Toys for Kids [message #73929] Mon, 24 September 2012 07:38 Go to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
There are many musical toys for kids out there, but are there any in particular that are better for kids? Is a drum set better than a keyboard mat, for instance?
Re: Musical Toys for Kids [message #73948 is a reply to message #73929] Tue, 25 September 2012 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I doubt it matters much beyond the child's individual preference. Take the kid to a toy store and see which musical instrument he or she gravitates toward, then go with that.
Re: Musical Toys for Kids [message #74013 is a reply to message #73948] Tue, 02 October 2012 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
audioaudio90 wrote on Tue, 25 September 2012 17:16
I doubt it matters much beyond the child's individual preference. Take the kid to a toy store and see which musical instrument he or she gravitates toward, then go with that.

I agree. I think the benefits of music aren't dependent on the specific instrument, so you can purchase whatever the kid wants (and you can tolerate).
Re: Musical Toys for Kids [message #74635 is a reply to message #73929] Wed, 28 November 2012 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I don't think one type of instrument is better than another for stimulating their creativity or whatnot, but I definitely think some instruments are easier for the parents to tolerate while the kid is still learning to play it. If you buy them drums, you had better stock up on Tylenol!!!
Re: Musical Toys for Kids [message #74663 is a reply to message #73929] Thu, 29 November 2012 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nouri is currently offline  Nouri
Master
Personally, I would go with the guitar. It's one of the easiest instruments to learn and one you can be the most creative with once you learn.

But if my daughter had her heart set on an oboe instead, I would get her that.
Re: Musical Toys for Kids [message #74701 is a reply to message #73929] Sat, 01 December 2012 18:36 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
My kids are still very young and they have multiple musical toys, and my advice would be to pick the musical toys that would annoy you the least. We have quite a few musical and talking toys that have made their way to Grandma's because they were about to drive me out of my mind.
Previous Topic: Car Stereo Problem
Next Topic: Better Living Through Audio
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 23:02:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout