Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Which Pi for me?
Which Pi for me? [message #74508] Tue, 20 November 2012 17:16 Go to next message
mtbgael is currently offline  mtbgael
Esquire
Hello Pi lovers.

I am a fairly simple man who plans to build his own speakers. Pi has impressed me and plan to order a pair of kits. The question is, which? I know not the corner horns, as I need a fairly flexible speaker. I may not forever and always have them in the same orientation, the same room, always against the wall or always 4' away from corner walls, etc.

As such I was looking at a 2Pi tower, but everyone seems to love the 4pi. Even the base model kit was a bit beyond what I was hoping to spend but can probably stretch it.

Primary use is music. I will integrate a sub later, but would love to have a fairly full bottom end in the mean time.

Any help? Or would I be better served not with a Pi kit? Thanks!
Re: Which Pi for me? [message #74511 is a reply to message #74508] Tue, 20 November 2012 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think you'll find the answers you're looking for in the FAQ, especially in the sections called "General Information" and "Models, Upgrades and Driver Characteristics".

Re: Which Pi for me? [message #74528 is a reply to message #74511] Wed, 21 November 2012 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mantha3 is currently offline  mantha3
Viscount
Save up... 4PI with the JBL 2226H and the B&C DE250.

If you have to wait to save up it is worth the wait. The last speakers you may ever have to buy
Re: Which Pi for me? [message #74614 is a reply to message #74508] Tue, 27 November 2012 21:24 Go to previous message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
what Mantha3 says is correct, if you're a total saver and maximizer. However, I got some Pi 2's, then some Pi 4's with all eminence drivers, then sold the Eminence woofers, got some 2226's, then later traded out the Eminence CD's for the B&C 250, and did various xover upgrades/mods here and there...and don't regret that path at all. For me, it was fun to hear the changes each time. My son still loves the 2Pi's, and I'm sure somebody somewhere is still enjoying the Eminence drivers.
Previous Topic: 3Pi Subwoofer
Next Topic: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:34:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout