Home » Audio » General » Car Stereo Problem
Car Stereo Problem [message #74603] Mon, 26 November 2012 18:23 Go to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
I bought a used car and it came with an after market stereo system pre-installed. Unfortunately, I don't have to owner's manual for the stereo and I'm having a problem with it. It's almost as if the stereo is in demo mode, like it's still in the store, because it flashes all of its different features across the display and alternates between the different colors you can choose for the font. It's aggravating, especially at night, and I'd really like to set it so that it doesn't flash the colors and features across the display anymore. Has anyone else had a similar problem with their car stereo?
Re: Car Stereo Problem [message #74618 is a reply to message #74603] Wed, 28 November 2012 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
That would be irritating. What kind of stereo is it? If you can find the brand and model number, you can probably look up the manual online.
Re: Car Stereo Problem [message #74620 is a reply to message #74603] Wed, 28 November 2012 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
I would Google the brand name and the year the car was made if that's all the information you have. You should find all the information you need to set the stereo. Sounds to me like that all it is. It was never set.
Re: Car Stereo Problem [message #74634 is a reply to message #74618] Wed, 28 November 2012 18:48 Go to previous message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Chicken wrote on Wed, 28 November 2012 05:49
That would be irritating. What kind of stereo is it? If you can find the brand and model number, you can probably look up the manual online.

This is a great idea. I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but I'll write it down next time I'm in the car. This stereo has been getting on my nerves so bad that I was just about desperate enough to take it to a stereo shop and pay them to fix it for me! I'll see if I can find the manual online, first.
Previous Topic: Car Audio Quirk
Next Topic: Musical Toys for Kids
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 16:56:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout