Home » Audio » Home Theater » Streaming From Computer
Streaming From Computer [message #74596] Mon, 26 November 2012 09:46 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Do you ever stream movies from your computer? We often do, using a program called Mezzmo. It's more convenient to watch movies that way than to switch out DVDs.
Re: Streaming From Computer [message #75094 is a reply to message #74596] Sun, 30 December 2012 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
We don't stream movies through the computer, because our monitor is smaller than ideal, but we do stream music through it all the time. For movies, we stream through Netflix and run it through our Xbox 360 in the living room, and through our Roku in the bedroom.
Re: Streaming From Computer [message #75863 is a reply to message #74596] Tue, 19 March 2013 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kara is currently offline  Kara
Chancellor
I sometimes stream movies though I think it can be hard to find a reliable free site to use. I also worry about getting some kind of virus on my PC. People tell me it's a high risk activity, so that makes me nervous.
Re: Streaming From Computer [message #77308 is a reply to message #74596] Mon, 29 July 2013 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jackson is currently offline  Jackson
Viscount
Our TV has built in Wi-Fi, so we often connect to our network and stream movies from our computer. We don't need to connect the TV to the PC because it is on the network. It makes it pretty easy.
Re: Streaming From Computer [message #78099 is a reply to message #75094] Mon, 14 October 2013 04:24 Go to previous message
Chase is currently offline  Chase
Baron
iLoveiPod wrote on Sun, 30 December 2012 22:43
We don't stream movies through the computer, because our monitor is smaller than ideal, but we do stream music through it all the time. For movies, we stream through Netflix and run it through our Xbox 360 in the living room, and through our Roku in the bedroom.

I have been wanting to set up streaming to my TV in the bedroom. I have seen the Roku boxes in the store and wondered how well they worked. What's your opinion of Roku?
Previous Topic: Home Theater In A Barn
Next Topic: Moved it all to the bedroom
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:51:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout