Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Christmas Songs
Christmas Songs [message #74499] Mon, 19 November 2012 09:59 Go to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Do you find Christmas songs festive or annoying? I like most of them ok, but my husband has a bad habit of singing them all year long, so they get old.
Re: Christmas Songs [message #74501 is a reply to message #74499] Mon, 19 November 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I love Christmas music, and even though my tree is up I haven't listened to any so far this year. I could listen to Christmas music all year, but I try to restrain myself so as not to drive my family nuts!
Re: Christmas Songs [message #74516 is a reply to message #74501] Tue, 20 November 2012 19:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Horrors.... Confused Shocked Mad I like much of the traditional Christmas music but some of the newer stuff (starting back about 10 years ago) drives me nuts (my wife says that is a short trip Rolling Eyes ). Too ruckus, too commercial, and often done in styles that are better reserved for other types of music. Perhaps my dinosaur heritage is showing through, but since I like most kinds of music if it is well done, to me it seems like much of the current crop of seasonal stuff is unfit for human consumption.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Christmas Songs [message #74527 is a reply to message #74499] Wed, 21 November 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Chicken wrote on Mon, 19 November 2012 09:59
Do you find Christmas songs festive or annoying? I like most of them ok, but my husband has a bad habit of singing them all year long, so they get old.

That must be annoying. I'd glare at mine if he kept breaking out Jingle Bells in July. I rather like Christmas songs, but only during the Christmas season.
Re: Christmas Songs [message #74540 is a reply to message #74499] Fri, 23 November 2012 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DICK is currently offline  DICK
Chancellor
Just about my all time favorite Christmas song, (and there ain't many). Amos Milburn & his Aladdin Chicken Shackers, Christmas Comes But Once A Year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzULS7A9JLo
Re: Christmas Songs [message #74561 is a reply to message #74499] Sat, 24 November 2012 21:28 Go to previous message
Azuri is currently offline  Azuri
Grand Master
Greg Lake has had one out for quite some time now that I always enjoy. The lyrics aren't necessarily traditional but the melody is. It's called Father Christmas and it's pretty good.
Previous Topic: Stones New Song
Next Topic: Elton John Compilation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 13:25:51 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout