Home » Audio » General » Mac won't play Youtube
Mac won't play Youtube [message #74117] Fri, 12 October 2012 19:49 Go to next message
Sonicsound is currently offline  Sonicsound
Baron
I was trying to listen to some music in a Mac computer lab recently, but I wasn't able to play Youtube. Is this a common thing on Macs or am I simply technologically challenged?
Re: Mac won't play Youtube [message #74135 is a reply to message #74117] Mon, 15 October 2012 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Try clearing the cache and cookies, and also check to see if Adobe Flash is up to date. I have a PC, but sometimes run into issues if Flash is not updated.
Re: Mac won't play Youtube [message #74348 is a reply to message #74117] Fri, 02 November 2012 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sunflower is currently offline  Sunflower
Chancellor
I also have problems with YouTube sometimes. If I can't make it work I switch browsers for a while and that seems to solve it. On a Mac you will be using Safari, right? Not sure if there are any alternatives.
Re: Mac won't play Youtube [message #74386 is a reply to message #74117] Mon, 05 November 2012 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
It could be any number of things, actually. Is YouTube the only website that will not load properly on your Mac? I would try clearing your cookies & cache before doing anything else.
Re: Mac won't play Youtube [message #75229 is a reply to message #74117] Sun, 13 January 2013 13:30 Go to previous message
Sonicsound is currently offline  Sonicsound
Baron
I figured out what was wrong. I was using campus computers to view Youtube videos, and the administrator was the only one who could update with the proper version of some program that was needed to view the videos. There was nothing that I could do to fix the problem.
Previous Topic: Musak
Next Topic: Hearing Loss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:36:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout