Home » Audio » General » Cheap/Free Podcasting Software? (What would be a good setup to start podcasting on the cheap?)
Cheap/Free Podcasting Software? [message #74251] Wed, 24 October 2012 22:56 Go to next message
VoigtClub is currently offline  VoigtClub
Chancellor
I'm thinking of starting a podcast, and I wan't to do it as simply and cheaply as possible. Compared to a few years ago, I'm imagining there must be some pretty good plug'n'play software systems ... Are there??

I'm asking as someone who actually has a pro-audio background and expensive multitrack software. But this time, I want a basic no-fuss system to just plug in and record.

Personally, I'm on a Mac... but for the purposes of this thread, I'm curious about all the options.
Re: Cheap/Free Podcasting Software? [message #74343 is a reply to message #74251] Fri, 02 November 2012 19:25 Go to previous message
24KPython is currently offline  24KPython
Chancellor
Not a direct answer... BUT:

I'm also interested in podcasting, and in fact, I just attended a podcasting course and picked up some cool tips about how to submit a podcast.

The recommendation was to use a service called Libsyn.com to host your podcast. Then from your Wordpress blog, post the podcast using a plugin called PowerPress. Provided you set it up correctly, it'll automatically get posted to iTunes every time you upload a new podcast.

As for the quick-and-dirty solution you're looking for... I think I know what you mean. But I haven't found anything like that, at least for free. BUT on a mac, I've found it's pretty easy to set up GarageBand with my vocal track with compression and reverb, so I can record it all in one take, saving a lot of time.

Previous Topic: Audio in a Convertible
Next Topic: Burning Amp DIY Fest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:23:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout