Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 7 Pi Plans
7 Pi Plans [message #74089] Tue, 09 October 2012 07:38 Go to next message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
Wayne,

Can you please send me the 7 Pi plans? I am seriously considering using my current 4 Pi speakers as my rear channels, adding one more 4 Pi for center, and a pair of 7 Pi's as mains.

I am planning on installing an acoustically transparent (I know none are totally transparent) and will put the center 4 Pi behind the screen. 7 Pi's will be in corners of the front of the HT space.

I have about 4 ft each side of the corner that is uninterupted wall, is this enough?

Thanks,
Steve

Over half way through my tour in Phnom Penh, what an eye openning experience it has been!

index.php?t=getfile&id=888&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=889&private=0
  • Attachment: IMAG0124.jpg
    (Size: 1.29MB, Downloaded 2294 times)
  • Attachment: IMAG0122.jpg
    (Size: 1.29MB, Downloaded 2322 times)

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Re: 7 Pi Plans [message #74090 is a reply to message #74089] Tue, 09 October 2012 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

You've got mail!

Beautiful photos. Is that the view from your home?

About your room, four feet isn't really enough of a corner to provide the best response, but you would still have the benefit of not having a reflection from the closest walls. An open entryway in the first six to eight feet sometimes helps breakup room modes, but it also reduces the loading necessary for the upper midbass and lower midrange. So I generally recommend a minimum of six feet of unobstructed wall space from the corner.

Re: 7 Pi Plans [message #74097 is a reply to message #74090] Tue, 09 October 2012 19:37 Go to previous message
NWCgrad is currently offline  NWCgrad
Master
Thanks for the plans; I believe they will work great in my space.

The pictures are from a hotel room we rented on the Bay of Thailand (coast of Cambodia). Very scenic, but the mosquitos carry malaria.

I am attaching a few more photos, one of my house (you can see the bars on the windows and the concerta wire on the fence), one of the city from the office building of the Prime Minister (I was there to oversee SecState Hillary Clinton's room for private meetings when she visited Cambodia), and finally a family who had chikungunya virus this is the typical "house" for Cambodians outside of the few cities. This is a very poor country.

Thanks again Wayne for your efforts to make high end more affordable.

index.php?t=getfile&id=890&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=891&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=892&private=0
  • Attachment: 047.JPG
    (Size: 609.55KB, Downloaded 2008 times)
  • Attachment: IMAG0153.jpg
    (Size: 1.42MB, Downloaded 2036 times)
  • Attachment: IMAG0121.jpg
    (Size: 1.36MB, Downloaded 1996 times)

VIRIBUS MARI VICTORIA
Previous Topic: 3Pi speakers - various questions
Next Topic: 4 pi plans