Home » Audio » Home Theater » Laserdisc and surround sound nostalgia
Laserdisc and surround sound nostalgia [message #73689] Mon, 27 August 2012 20:25 Go to next message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
My first experience with a decent home theater was at a friends house. He was the only guy I knew who ever had a Laserdisc player. I have to admit, I thought the technology was pretty cool at the time. He was also the first of our friends to have a good surround sound system. Do you have any fond or unusual memories of an old home theater?
Re: Laserdisc and surround sound nostalgia [message #73865 is a reply to message #73689] Wed, 19 September 2012 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
An old family friend had a VCR and a big projector with a screen on the wall. His entire movie room (which was in the basement) was filled with VCRs, 2 comfortable couches, and an old-fashioned popcorn maker.
Re: Laserdisc and surround sound nostalgia [message #73934 is a reply to message #73689] Mon, 24 September 2012 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
That sounds like a great basement theater. I always thought a nice basement would be a good place to watch movies because they are a bit isolated and dark. The popcorn maker must have been a fun bonus too.
Re: Laserdisc and surround sound nostalgia [message #73993 is a reply to message #73934] Fri, 28 September 2012 12:40 Go to previous message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Yes it was dark and very cool down there, to the point where we often cuddled up with a blanket. We loved having the popcorn.
Previous Topic: Video Game Console Furniture
Next Topic: 3D TVs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:24:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout