Home » xyzzy » Dungeon » Paul Ryan
Paul Ryan [message #73675] Sat, 25 August 2012 21:48 Go to next message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
Do you think Paul Ryan was a good choice to be Mitt Romney's running mate? He seems like a pretty smart guy, but I don't think they made the right choice. The Republican base will love him, but they are going to vote against Obama anyway. I think someone like Marco Rubio would've been able to balance the ticket a little more.
Re: Paul Ryan [message #73697 is a reply to message #73675] Wed, 29 August 2012 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I don't think Paul Ryan was the wrong choice. I do like him and I am a Democrat. I am sick of Obama and all the changes he was supposed to make. I like that Paul supports the NRA. I am not sure how I feel about his fix to Medicare.

Let's chat!
Re: Paul Ryan [message #73723 is a reply to message #73697] Sun, 02 September 2012 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steve f is currently offline  steve f
Master
Oh boy, I really dislike Paul Ryan. His budget plan simply can't work. He also is trying to steal from solvent funds like Railroad Retirement. He wants to take a fund which is privately funded but publicly administered and gut it. Basically a theft of contributors money, and no as taxpayers it hasn't cost you a dime. He has a reputation as a liar who will say anything to appeal to the tea types. Romney blew it. Study Ryan a bit. There is nothing to admire.
Re: Paul Ryan [message #73726 is a reply to message #73723] Sun, 02 September 2012 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm not too happy with the conservative choice. But then again, look at the alternative. I'll definitely hold my nose and vote the right way.

If you have any doubts after the last four years, just read Obama's book:

index.php?t=getfile&id=851&private=0

Re: Paul Ryan [message #73730 is a reply to message #73726] Sun, 02 September 2012 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
I think I'm going to vote for "none of the above". BTW this caused a local problem in the primaries. The law here says you need to have a majority of the ballots cast, not the majority of votes. Here (Arizona) nearly 1/3 didn't pick any candidate in one of the elections and thus made it impossible for any to win. Now all will re-appear on the Nov ticket. I wonder what would happen on a national level if this occurred. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Paul Ryan [message #73935 is a reply to message #73726] Mon, 24 September 2012 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
Wayne Parham wrote on Sun, 02 September 2012 10:49

I'm not too happy with the conservative choice. But then again, look at the alternative. I'll definitely hold my nose and vote the right way.

If you have any doubts after the last four years, just read Obama's book:

index.php?t=getfile&id=851&private=0

That's a great picture, I don't exactly agree with the comparison, but it certainly makes you think. I don't love the Republican ticket either, but I really don't think Obama has done well with slowing the rise of our debt. I think he's going to win though. Romney and Ryan don't connect with enough of the electorate.

Re: Paul Ryan [message #73937 is a reply to message #73935] Mon, 24 September 2012 18:17 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, Ugh. I was pondering the various aspects of our present dilemmas and it makes me wonder if our government is really in "charge" or is it just pretending to be so. The general overall level of leadership (not just the President, but all elected officials) and ability to compromise seem in short supply. I thought that our elected officials were supposed to guide the country and nurture progress and so on. Seems over the past decade or so that there are too many individual agendas by various splinter factions to allow for a consensus on anything except that there is no consensus. This has resulted in numerous stalemates and finger pointing, not solutions. I have seen kindergarten classes function better than Congress. Off the soap now.... Confused

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: iPhone or Droid
Next Topic: Presidential Debate
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:12:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers