Home » Audio » General » Father's Birthday
Father's Birthday [message #73552] Thu, 09 August 2012 21:17 Go to next message
Rockhaven is currently offline  Rockhaven
Chancellor
My father's birthday is coming up next month and every year I find it difficult to get a decent gift for the guy. But one thing that I do know is that his speaker system for his computer is way below par. Do you have any suggestions on what speaker system brands to look at?
Re: Father's Birthday [message #73561 is a reply to message #73552] Fri, 10 August 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, A question with lots of answers. Size (how much space do you have), the quality of the audio system in the PC, what type of media you want to listen to, how much do you want to spend and so on. You can go low with ones from Logitec, some 2.1 systems go for under $40 and aren't too bad for general use. Go a little higher with some labeled as Altec Lansing (no longer the same company that made really great stuff in the past) a little higher still with Klipsch. They have a pretty good 2.1 system for around $200. Me, I don't do any PC audio except using head phones. I would suggest if possible to go listen to a few .... it may help make the choice for you.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Father's Birthday [message #73574 is a reply to message #73561] Sat, 11 August 2012 21:48 Go to previous message
Rockhaven is currently offline  Rockhaven
Chancellor
I will definitely look into those brands. I forget that sometimes it really is better to use headphones. At least that way I can avoid the likely possibility of his disturbing the peace of the entire house...

Anyways, thank you for your suggestions! This was really helpful!
Previous Topic: Computer Audio
Next Topic: Spotify
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 07:26:41 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout