Home » Audio » Radio » Not skipping the commercials
Not skipping the commercials [message #73302] Mon, 16 July 2012 14:47 Go to next message
mixinlady
Baron
Is there anybody here who actually listens to the commercials on their favorite radio station, either out of not wanting to flip through the channels, or out of being a devoted supporter of the station?
Re: Not skipping the commercials [message #73324 is a reply to message #73302] Wed, 18 July 2012 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
I do not listen to the commercials unless I am in the kitchen with the radio on. For some reason, that radio is extremely difficult to tune so I will leave it alone then. Any other time I change the channel. Smile
Re: Not skipping the commercials [message #73386 is a reply to message #73302] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I flip through the stations if commercials come on. The problem is that most of the stations have commercials at about the same time, so 9 times out of 10 I end up back where I started.
Re: Not skipping the commercials [message #73397 is a reply to message #73302] Fri, 27 July 2012 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
Yes, I think they do that on purpose, Nymeria. Luckily, I can usually find one station that is offset just enough to avoid most commercial breaks.
Re: Not skipping the commercials [message #73404 is a reply to message #73302] Sat, 28 July 2012 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
I change stations when the commercials come on, and then if I am on Pandora or something I always click the skip button too. I hate it when you change the station only to run into nothing but commercials on every other station.
Re: Not skipping the commercials [message #74071 is a reply to message #73302] Fri, 05 October 2012 14:12 Go to previous message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
mixinlady wrote on Mon, 16 July 2012 14:47
Is there anybody here who actually listens to the commercials on their favorite radio station, either out of not wanting to flip through the channels, or out of being a devoted supporter of the station?

How would listening to the commercials help the station, anyway? As long as you are listening to the station most of the time, does flipping away during commercial breaks really matter?
Previous Topic: Radio on the tv
Next Topic: Portable radios
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 12:57:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout