Home » Audio » Radio » Radios for emergencies
Radios for emergencies [message #73186] Mon, 02 July 2012 15:15 Go to next message
mixinlady
Baron
No power for two straight days lead us to the purchase of a crank radio that also happens to be solar-powered. How fancy is your radio for emergency purposes? Do you even have one?
Re: Radios for emergencies [message #73234 is a reply to message #73186] Mon, 09 July 2012 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likearecordbaby
Baron
We've gotten through many storms without one, but we finally invested in one because I do think it is a good idea. You'll have no idea what's going on unless you head to your car, and it might not be safe to do that. Plus having a radio offers entertainment when the power is out.
Re: Radios for emergencies [message #73242 is a reply to message #73186] Tue, 10 July 2012 00:43 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I prefer a rechargeable battery radio that runs on AC power. I like them to cover the SW band as well. The hand crank charged units don't have a great appeal to me because they're usually sort of novelty things. I'd rather have a SW radio with rechargeable nicads, myself.

Previous Topic: Pandora
Next Topic: Pandora in the Car
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:43:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout