Home » Audio » General » Ultra High Frequencies
Ultra High Frequencies [message #73100] Fri, 22 June 2012 08:03 Go to next message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Can you hear really high frequencies? Occasionally I can hear the "teenager" cell phone ring tone that most adults can't. A friend in college said she could hear dog whistles and fluorescent lights sounded different shortly before they went out (and she didn't mean those that start buzzing loudly).
Re: Ultra High Frequencies [message #73101 is a reply to message #73100] Fri, 22 June 2012 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

If you can hear the "whine" of a television set with a picture tube, you can hear 15.6kHz. Most teenagers hear it loudly, but most elderly can't hear it at all.

Re: Ultra High Frequencies [message #73102 is a reply to message #73101] Fri, 22 June 2012 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Hmm, well it has been awhile since I have watched a tube TV, so I have no idea if I can hear that or not. Laughing I'll have to listen for it whenever I run into an older TV.
Re: Ultra High Frequencies [message #73106 is a reply to message #73100] Fri, 22 June 2012 16:38 Go to previous message
mixinlady
Baron
To some degree, probably. I'm really not sure. I know I get disturbed by the slightest sound when I want things to be absolutely quiet. I also went in for a professional hearing test for a job and did pretty well.
Previous Topic: Tinnitus
Next Topic: Laptop Speakers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 02:18:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout