Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Eminence Delta 12LFA
Eminence Delta 12LFA [message #72992] Thu, 14 June 2012 07:12 Go to next message
nottaway is currently offline  nottaway
Esquire
Hi Wayne,

I'm building some high efficiency monitors. I have read your white paper and it was very informative. Thank you for sharing your knowlege on speaker design. I'm considering using the Eminence 12LFA woofer in my design and I had a couple questions since you have used it in your designs....

* What advantage does the Delta 12LFA have over the Delta 12 in your opinion?

* Without going into proprietary design territory did you find the 650Hz dip in Eminence's measurements needing treatment with crossover? Did it demonstrate this dip in a box as well?

Nicholas

Re: Eminence Delta 12LFA [message #72993 is a reply to message #72992] Thu, 14 June 2012 11:19 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The difference between the Delta 12 and 12LF is just the electro-mechanical specs. The 12LF suited me better, so I used it.

The response is smooth and flat out (within +/-1.5dB) to 2kHz, well above the crossover point. I am very happy with the amplitude response of the Delta12LF - If there's anything I would improve it would be flux modulation. The Delta 12LF has a traditional ferrite motor with no shorting ring. The upgraded TD12S driver has a shorting ring, and that's what makes it better, not the amplitude response.

Previous Topic: Line level or High level inputs for Subs w/ plate amps
Next Topic: 4 Pi L/R/C placement advice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 03:28:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout