Home » Audio » Movies & Music » No more video stores
No more video stores [message #72597] Mon, 07 May 2012 13:52 Go to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
I miss being able to go to the store and rent a movie! Now our town doesn't have a single video store left. I have never tried the Redbox thing before, but if we want to see a new movie I guess we will have to try it.
Re: No more video stores [message #72648 is a reply to message #72597] Wed, 09 May 2012 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
That is odd, we now have two. They rent mostly dvds, but there still some vhs.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: No more video stores [message #72701 is a reply to message #72597] Sat, 12 May 2012 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likearecordbaby
Baron
I don't think there is a real loss here, unless you only rent movies once in a blue moon and using Netflix or the like would be much more expensive for you. Renting movies has only become more convenient these days!
Re: No more video stores [message #72742 is a reply to message #72597] Thu, 17 May 2012 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
We don't have any video stores in our town either. I miss being able to go in and rent something especially when something new comes out. We have Netflix, but we only do streaming services now.
Re: No more video stores [message #72757 is a reply to message #72597] Sun, 20 May 2012 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
There are no video stores here either anymore. We had one near the house that closed, reopened for about 2 months, and then closed again. Netflix is alright, but it is rare they get anything new.
Re: No more video stores [message #72762 is a reply to message #72597] Mon, 21 May 2012 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Oddly enough we still have a Blockbuster and an independent video store in our small town, although we normally use Redbox. The only downside of Redbox is it doesn't have older movies; I guess I can rent them from Amazon, though, if I don't feel like running to the video store.
Re: No more video stores [message #72766 is a reply to message #72597] Mon, 21 May 2012 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
We have the Hastings chain here (founded locally) that rents, but we've been using Redbox for over a year for DVD and BluRay without a hitch. I once had a DVD that was a bit scratched and wouldn't play. One call to Redbox and they emailed me a coupon for a free rental. We get freebies and coupons all the time from them as well.
Re: No more video stores [message #72852 is a reply to message #72597] Mon, 28 May 2012 07:01 Go to previous message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
We still have a small mom and pop rental store in our town. We had a Blockbuster but that closed. I usually rent from Redbox or Netflix.com. I loved having a Blockbuster - it was great running in and grabbing a movie.
Previous Topic: Men in Black 3
Next Topic: The $5 bin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 10:12:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout