Home » Audio » General » A decent cd player
A decent cd player [message #72686] Fri, 11 May 2012 20:12 Go to next message
TurnItUp is currently offline  TurnItUp
Viscount
Is it no longer possible to buy a decent cd player without spending a couple of hundred dollars on it? We have bought two standard cd player boomboxes in the past year and neither one of them plays cd's any more. I could understand if they didn't play older cd's, but they won't play brand new just took the plastic off cd's either!
Re: A decent cd player [message #72740 is a reply to message #72686] Thu, 17 May 2012 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I have actually had this problem too. I have given up on a cd player, and now I just play cd's on my computer. Maybe one day I'll run across a reasonably priced player that actually works. Smile
Re: A decent cd player [message #73046 is a reply to message #72740] Tue, 19 June 2012 01:03 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
If I remember correctly, I think this one is around $5K Rolling Eyes

http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/us/Products/pages/categorylanding.aspx?CatId=Source

Since DVD and BR players do an excellent job of handling CDs and are so cheap, they have probably replaced CD players. That would be my guess. I'm not sure if CD players that handle five or six discs are still available.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: Sonic Booms
Next Topic: Tinnitus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 19:53:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout