Home » Audio » General » Tinnitus
Re: Tinnitus [message #72671 is a reply to message #72497] Thu, 10 May 2012 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mixinlady
Baron
Yes, some people can have it long term, and it sounds like a simply awful fate if you ask me. I get ringing ears sometimes if I get water in them while showering, and it bugs the crap outta me!
Re: Tinnitus [message #72674 is a reply to message #72671] Fri, 11 May 2012 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
mixinlady wrote on Thu, 10 May 2012 23:39
Yes, some people can have it long term, and it sounds like a simply awful fate if you ask me. I get ringing ears sometimes if I get water in them while showering, and it bugs the crap outta me!

Yep. I've had it going on 25 years at least. It blows.
Re: Tinnitus [message #73047 is a reply to message #72115] Tue, 19 June 2012 01:15 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
Yep, I know it can be permanent. I think mine started when I was about 35, and I'm 30 years older now. The loudness of it varies from a constant low ringing to damned irritating.

I just had my ears checked by an ENT, and there is no cure in sight. Way back when, some people had their entire inner ears removed, but the noise was unchanged. The volume can be so loud it makes people desperate to stop it, especially when it is accompanied by dizziness.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: A decent cd player
Next Topic: Ultra High Frequencies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 01:11:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout