Home » Audio » Radio » Radio game
Radio game [message #72344] Mon, 23 April 2012 19:16 Go to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I play this game with my kids when we drive long distances. We will hit scan on the radio and let the radio stop on 1 station. We have to listen to the station throughout 1 whole song. When the song is over we hit scan again. It makes us giggle a lot and makes the trip a lot quicker. Do you do anything like this with the radio?

Let's chat!
Re: Radio game [message #72377 is a reply to message #72344] Wed, 25 April 2012 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
My kids aren't really old enough for that to work as entertainment, but I'll bet older kids would enjoy that. That would expose them to different types of music they might not normally hear too.
Re: Radio game [message #72419 is a reply to message #72344] Sat, 28 April 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
likearecordbaby
Baron
That sounds really fun and lively! I will have to try it on my next road trip. What do you do if you hit static, though? Skip it or listen to it, since it technically counts as a channel? Laughing
Re: Radio game [message #72464 is a reply to message #72344] Tue, 01 May 2012 00:12 Go to previous message
Freddy is currently offline  Freddy
Viscount
That's pretty funny likearecordbaby, but I'm pretty sure you'd have to change the channel. I don't see how you could determine how long you would listen to the static.

This sounds like a great game, it would expose everybody to different genres of music. There are some stations I've never liked, but maybe I'd benefit from giving them a better chance.
Previous Topic: Online Shortwave
Next Topic: Radio Station Contests
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:37:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout