Home » xyzzy » Tower » Health exams
Health exams [message #69951] Tue, 01 November 2011 10:21 Go to next message
Drury is currently offline  Drury
Baron
So I have to have a routine physical, and that includes blood work I have to fast for. I can understand the no food rule, but what's with the coffee ban for ten hours before the testing? That's just plain cruel!
Re: Health exams [message #69969 is a reply to message #69951] Wed, 02 November 2011 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kripes is currently offline  Kripes
Chancellor
I'm no expert but whenever my husband has his regular cholesterol blood test they always say NOTHING to eat or drink apart from water for twelve hours before the test, so I'm assuming that they don't want any substance in the blood to cloud the findings.
Re: Health exams [message #69976 is a reply to message #69969] Wed, 02 November 2011 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, There are worse things, the stuff you have to do for an upper and lower GI scoping is Confused The local terminology for it is a double dip. Such humor. Ugh.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Health exams [message #70161 is a reply to message #69951] Tue, 15 November 2011 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DJ Dave is currently offline  DJ Dave
Viscount
The coffee part kills me, too! I don't care about the food, because I rarely eat breakfast, anyway. I try to make those appointments as early as possible, so I don't have to go to long without my morning Joe!
Re: Health exams [message #70172 is a reply to message #70161] Wed, 16 November 2011 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aki is currently offline  Aki
Baron
I've had the test done both with fasting and without. Numbers seem to get worse without fasting. I even had coffee too.

Seems to make sense, since my independent research shows my cholesterol level varies directly in relation to the amount of microbrew ale and pub food I ingest.
Re: Health exams [message #72454 is a reply to message #69951] Mon, 30 April 2012 14:23 Go to previous message
mixinlady
Baron
Because having coffee affects the test results, that's why. Unless maybe if you opt for decaf (crazy talk, I know). Just schedule your appointment first thing in the morning and get a full night's rest, and you'll be fine.
Previous Topic: Babies Are Weird
Next Topic: The 2012 NBA Playoffs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:51:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout