Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Movies (Home vs Theater)
Movies [message #72359] Tue, 24 April 2012 17:44 Go to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
When you watch movies, do you prefer to watch them at home or at the movie theater?

Personally, I prefer to watch movies at home, because it's less expensive and more comfortable than watching it in a crowded, messy movie theater.
Re: Movies [message #72362 is a reply to message #72359] Tue, 24 April 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iLoveiPod is currently offline  iLoveiPod
Master
Like you, I would rather watch a movie at home, in the comfort and privacy of my own living room, than spend $20 to go see that same movie in a movie theater with popcorn and sticky soda residue on the floor. Not to mention all the self-absorbed people who have the nerve to answer their cell phone during the movie and carry on a conversation while everyone else is trying to get their money's worth out of the evening!
Re: Movies [message #72375 is a reply to message #72359] Wed, 25 April 2012 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I honestly cannot remember the last time we went to the movie theater. The ticket cost is just way too high when you can buy the movie the day it comes out on Dvd for what it costs for two people to go see it.
Re: Movies [message #72382 is a reply to message #72375] Wed, 25 April 2012 14:54 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
LuvMartin wrote on Wed, 25 April 2012 09:51
The ticket cost is just way too high when you can buy the movie the day it comes out on Dvd for what it costs for two people to go see it.

I know what you mean. The last movie we saw in theaters cost us over $20 just for the tickets, then we probably doubled the bill buying soda and popcorn. :\ Even brand new Blu-Ray movies only cost about $25 these days, so you could buy the movie, a 2-liter bottle of soda and a 6-pack of popcorn for less than what it costs to go see the movie ONE TIME in the theater. As a bonus, now you own the movie - FOREVER.
Previous Topic: Best of Beethoven?
Next Topic: Movies
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 18:08:44 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout