Home » Audio » General » sue for cracked dash?
sue for cracked dash? [message #72096] Wed, 11 April 2012 15:40 Go to next message
rogerking is currently offline  rogerking
Chancellor
I do not remember anything that we signed when we had a new stereo put in the car but I am curious, if they crack your dash can you sue? Ours is fine but a friend mentioned he had this issue recently and it was from the same place we had ours serviced. Sad
Re: sue for cracked dash? [message #72133 is a reply to message #72096] Fri, 13 April 2012 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
He actually paid for this and left the installer's? Any reputable installer would have insurance for just such a case.
Re: sue for cracked dash? [message #72265 is a reply to message #72096] Thu, 19 April 2012 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miami is currently offline  Miami
Viscount
Suing sounds a bit rash. If anything the installer should just do the right thing and repair the damage. I'm sure there's some sort of paperwork, like a waiver, that they have a customer sign before the work is started though.
Re: sue for cracked dash? [message #72374 is a reply to message #72096] Wed, 25 April 2012 09:47 Go to previous message
LuvMartin is currently offline  LuvMartin
Master
I would think that the installer has some sort of insurance that would cover repairs in a case like that. If you did sue I imagine that would be a small claims court case, and it may cost you more to sue than it would to pay for the repairs yourself.
Previous Topic: Wireless speakers
Next Topic: suitcase record player
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 23:28:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout