Home » Audio » General » Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer?
Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer? [message #71863] Wed, 21 March 2012 02:06 Go to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
I have the option to use either RCA coaxial cable or Fiber Optic cable for DVD, CD, and Satellite. I have been using Fiber Optic for SAT and DVD.

Is there a reason (except the immunity from hum) that I should choose Fiber Optic over Coaxial Cable?

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer? [message #72094 is a reply to message #71863] Wed, 11 April 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Optical cable every time. Plug in, sit back and enjoy. I am soooo over the cable debate. Wish I had a fraction of the money back I spent on that snake oil.....
Re: Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer? [message #72098 is a reply to message #71863] Wed, 11 April 2012 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rogerking is currently offline  rogerking
Chancellor
I wish we could use fiber here. Most of the locals opt for CC due to the cost and the location we are in (redneck land with bad tech service). The other thing is that most people I know run their own CC so its not a big hassle (besides cost).
Re: Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer? [message #72102 is a reply to message #72098] Wed, 11 April 2012 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Fiber when possible. Smile We have fiber for CATV, internet and phone. Once in the house it is coaxial though and Ethernet.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer? [message #72137 is a reply to message #72098] Fri, 13 April 2012 20:08 Go to previous message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
rogerking wrote on Wed, 11 April 2012 15:44
I wish we could use fiber here. Most of the locals opt for CC due to the cost and the location we are in (redneck land with bad tech service). The other thing is that most people I know run their own CC so its not a big hassle (besides cost).

I'm pretty much in your situation. It's coax to the receiver from DirecTV. I was thinking about 6 foot runs from the sat box and the BR player to my receiver.

I've tried both now, and I think if you made me choose double blind, I couldn't tell the difference. I think a FIOS feed would make a difference.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Previous Topic: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby
Next Topic: Sound as Text Files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 18:51:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout