Home » Audio » General » How is a subwoofer at this price possible?
How is a subwoofer at this price possible? [message #71858] Tue, 20 March 2012 15:50 Go to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
The reviews look good. Monoprice has really great wire, connectors, fiber optic, etc. at incredibly low prices. But, a subwoofer at this price?

Its: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090602&p_id=8249&seq=1&format=3#specification

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: How is a subwoofer at this price possible? [message #71870 is a reply to message #71858] Wed, 21 March 2012 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Equinom is currently offline  Equinom
Viscount
I have never heard of Monoprice until now. It looks like they have some really great deals! It seems like it might be worth a try.
Re: How is a subwoofer at this price possible? [message #71872 is a reply to message #71858] Wed, 21 March 2012 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
I wasn't familiar with Monoprice either, so thanks for the link. Although, I have to wonder, who would actually take advantage of the bulk pricing? Who needs 50+ subwoofers?!
Check out the pricing on wire, etc. [message #71876 is a reply to message #71870] Wed, 21 March 2012 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Monoprice first came to my attention on AVS forum. I just bought 300 feet of 14 gauge twin lead speaker wire. It's the kind that has a red or blue stripe running the entire length, so you know what is positive on the other end of a run. It cost me $70.00.

They have all kinds of lengths of fiber optic cable with metal protected ends and the entire length is metal braided. The stuff is amazingly cheap and really good.

Put all you stuff in one order though. You can easily pay more in shipping and handling than the price of the merchandise if you order one thing today and another the next. The shipping is reasonable, but not if you are ordering $5.00 worth of wall plate or such in one order and a few odds and ends in another.

They have HDMI cables of the latest version. They are heavy enough to be used as a weapon.

Anyway, they were one of the few good surprises I've run across.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: How is a subwoofer at this price possible? [message #71878 is a reply to message #71872] Wed, 21 March 2012 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
timron wrote on Wed, 21 March 2012 17:34
I wasn't familiar with Monoprice either, so thanks for the link. Although, I have to wonder, who would actually take advantage of the bulk pricing? Who needs 50+ subwoofers?!

Someone who will resell them at three times the cost. Maybe put a different name plate on them.

Actually, I think Wayne Parham would prefer 50 subwoofers in his ultimate distribution of bass. Sorry Wayne, couldn't help myself.

Floyd

Re: How is a subwoofer at this price possible? [message #71882 is a reply to message #71858] Thu, 22 March 2012 16:26 Go to previous message
timron is currently offline  timron
Grand Master
Ah, I didn't think of that; you make an excellent point. Maybe I need 50 subwoofers to resell at triple the price. I could use a little extra cash... Twisted Evil
Previous Topic: Banana plugs for 4 way binding posts
Next Topic: Turtle Beach Headset
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 22:47:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout