Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Just can't let that poor, dead horse alone! With PIX!
Just can't let that poor, dead horse alone! With PIX! [message #71724] Sun, 11 March 2012 16:19 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The failed, but attractive Altec/Universitys are where I see them daily and so I hypothesize daily.

Today, it occurred to me that maybe going back to the 1.35 cubic foot cabinet I began with that caused me to love them in the first place would be the logical step before burning the boxes. Now that I know the T-S specs, the 2.5 cu ft cabinets are worthless, anyhow.

So I opened'm up and saw to my delite, as I suspected, that the window pane brace under the woofer was right where it needed to be to support a partition leaving 20" of cabinet which equals about 1.35 cubic feet.

index.php?t=getfile&id=740&private=0

And I don't build just any old window pane brace, kids...mine are Colonial Window Panes, which means that there's a center muntin to hold a 2-piece floor...which is necessary 'cause you can't get a 1 piecer in there thru the woofer hole! Better to be lucky than schmart every time!

Put a thick bead of silicone on the brace and another after placing the floor to get it sealed up tight. After they're dry I'll fire'm up and report back. The boxes'll probably wind up in Spkrmns garage but I figured it was worth a shot. Laughing Laughing

index.php?t=getfile&id=741&private=0
Re: Just can't let that poor, dead horse alone! With PIX! [message #71726 is a reply to message #71724] Sun, 11 March 2012 18:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Looks like a good plan! Yes, please do report back. Let us know how they sound!

Re: Just can't let that poor, dead horse alone! With PIX! [message #71729 is a reply to message #71726] Mon, 12 March 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
The Utah 12" is a fun driver to play with, but will never compare to a JBL driver when it comes time to deliver.

As if my garage don't have enough boxes already..LOL....!!!

Ron sends...
icon12.gif  Re: Just can't let that poor, dead horse alone! With PIX! [message #71733 is a reply to message #71729] Mon, 12 March 2012 18:35 Go to previous message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
First impression with the Utahs on the 45 Amp and The Healer on the table:
Awesome bass s back which as changed the tonal balance fr the better. So far. Have to do a lt more listening but at least the difference is profound.

Hard to type on the IPad, sorry.
Previous Topic: Mounts for 1pi Speakers
Next Topic: 4Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 10:57:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers