Home » Audio » General » Just Beats or Beats?
Just Beats or Beats? [message #70692] Fri, 30 December 2011 19:17 Go to next message
Musicfan is currently offline  Musicfan
Chancellor
My son has asked for a pair of Just Beats or Beats by some Dr. Dre person. I looked online and they are $200+ - is he out of his mind. I had to laugh when I saw what they looked like, kind of like our old ear phones. Anyone own these?
Re: Just Beats or Beats? [message #70699 is a reply to message #70692] Sat, 31 December 2011 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rockstar is currently offline  Rockstar
Master
I think Just Beats are the Justin Bieber line of head phones. I would never pay that price for either pair. I don't own either pair. My cousin owns the Beats by Dr. Dre and he loves them - then again he is all about showing off money.

Let's chat!
Re: Just Beats or Beats? [message #70715 is a reply to message #70692] Sun, 01 January 2012 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Musicfan is currently offline  Musicfan
Chancellor
I can't imagine my son wanting anything Justin Beiber, so I'm thinking it was Beats. I did not think they were any better than any other headphone out there. I don't think I will buy them. I guess I will tell him to save his money and buy them.
Re: Just Beats or Beats? [message #70741 is a reply to message #70692] Mon, 02 January 2012 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LoveJB is currently offline  LoveJB
Master
My daughter wanted the Just Beats but there was no way I was paying that price. She is a huge Justin Beiber fan! I don't think that they are any better then any other ones out there, just because JB is endorsing them.
Re: Just Beats or Beats? [message #70831 is a reply to message #70692] Thu, 05 January 2012 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I can see spending $200+ on a pair of headphones but they would have to be really high quality. I haven't heard that Beats or Just Beats are worth that kind of money.
Re: Just Beats or Beats? [message #70839 is a reply to message #70831] Thu, 05 January 2012 14:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
If you're going to consider spending $200 for a pair of cans, there are quite a few that are infinitely better than the Beats model. If you're just going to be listening to mp3's you are definitely wasting your money.
Re: Just Beats or Beats? [message #71662 is a reply to message #70692] Sun, 04 March 2012 15:20 Go to previous message
Damon73 is currently offline  Damon73
Baron
I agree with Shane, you can do better at that price point. I think the Beats headphones are popular solely due to the endorsement of Dr. Dre. I've heard that he's a really good rap music producer, so I can understand why his endorsement would generate sales.
Previous Topic: Acoustical Engineer Cartoon
Next Topic: Melodyne vs Autotune
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 05:35:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout