Home » Audio » Movies & Music » Two New Albums
Two New Albums [message #7160] Fri, 15 September 2006 18:00 Go to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Bob Dylan sounds so far very much like the older version of himself; from the early days just a little croaky now.

Ornette Coleman; first album in 17 yrs and it's live. I can't freakin' wait!

The Who has one coming in October; new stuff written by Pete for Roger just like the old days. Need anymore confirmation of the dirth of decent music out there?

Re: Two New Albums [message #7162 is a reply to message #7160] Sat, 16 September 2006 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
The Who album might be pretty good. I've listened to some of the solo stuff after they split up and it's pretty sad compared to Tommy and Who's Next. Maybe they ran out of steam for a few years?

It seems ironic that some of the more popular TV shows use vintage music instead of today's fare. Two of the CIS shows use Who songs for instance.

Re: Two New Albums [message #7166 is a reply to message #7162] Sat, 16 September 2006 16:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
I think the solo stuff was uneven with some of the songs being very well written and some forgetable. This new album is supposed to be pretty good though; it's hard to be hard-rockers at the age of 60.
I have pondered how I would want to sound if I had their success; I think I would look to do acoustic songs mixed in with the hard stuff and tell the story of what it means to age and be still rocking out.

Re: Two New Albums [message #7168 is a reply to message #7166] Sun, 17 September 2006 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
One big advatnage I see for those who make money along the way is they get to choose the type of music they play & record as they age. I would sure love to see five guys make some sort of cd. It would be wild and probably wouldn't sell except to me Take Mark Knopfler for the melody, David Gilmour for the one note solos and Eric Clapton in case it was blues oriented and lastly Alvin Lee to speed things up in spots. Maybe throw in Robin Trower for more depth.

Re: Two New Albums [message #7169 is a reply to message #7168] Sun, 17 September 2006 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Jack Bruce and Tim Bogart on Bass; Carmine or Neil Pert on drums ;Ian Andersen on Flute; A nod to the girls Bonnie Raitt on slide guitar; Magic Dick on Harp; Greg Allman on vocals; Kerry Livgren with Greg on keyboards. And of course Clarence Clemons on Sax.
That should wrap it up nicely.

Why is it? [message #7170 is a reply to message #7169] Sun, 17 September 2006 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
That Bonnie Raiit seldom gets any notice? I have some of her albums and she is a very good player.

Magic Dick, I remember him from the J. Geils days. My wife heard one line of a J. Geils song where Peter Wolf says "Take out your false teeth Momma, I wanna suck on your gums" She told me I had horrid taste in music I told her "I don't eat the damn things, just listen to'em" I think I made my own lunches for a couple of weeks after

Re: Why is it? [message #7171 is a reply to message #7170] Mon, 18 September 2006 07:55 Go to previous message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Magic Dick is a great rock; probably the best rock harmonica player around. He can light up a theater or hall like no other harp player.
Sorry about the lunches; I am sure if you looked you could find even more disgusting lyrics in some of our fav rock songs.
J. Geils is a really good band live.

Previous Topic: New Music
Next Topic: Arrrrrrrrrh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 16:57:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers