Home » Audio » Home Theater » Wireless or Wired?
Wireless or Wired? [message #71485] Thu, 23 February 2012 11:13 Go to next message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
Have you had success with a home theater system with wireless speakers? I've always thought that traditional wired speakers were the best way to go, but wireless seems to be getting more popular.
Re: Wireless or Wired? [message #71488 is a reply to message #71485] Thu, 23 February 2012 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I don't mind wireless for background music and maybe surrounds, but I don't think I'd want my main system using wireless feeds. Not yet, I think the technology is still maturing. Not really the technology, more the implementation - all the wireless systems are for commercial or inexpensive home systems, nothing in the high-end market. Still, it sounds pretty good and I think is good enough for background sound.

Re: Wireless or Wired? [message #71523 is a reply to message #71485] Fri, 24 February 2012 16:13 Go to previous message
AdrianG is currently offline  AdrianG
Baron
Well it's good to hear that the sound with wireless is pretty good, but I guess my suspicions have been confirmed. Maybe one day wireless will be dominant, it has the convenience advantage. I'm glad to hear that I'm not missing out on anything at the moment though.
Previous Topic: Wire Location
Next Topic: Mobile Homes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:31:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout