Home » Audio » General » What kind of FM jack is this? (I've never noticed it before)
What kind of FM jack is this? [message #71374] Wed, 15 February 2012 17:38 Go to next message
FloydV is currently offline  FloydV
Master
I was thinking about listening to FM stations, something I haven't done in a long time, to get some ideas for new music.

Anyway, I looked for the antenna jack, and I found the one attached. I've never seen one like this, so I have no idea what kind of plug to get to hook up an antenna.

If people actually listen to FM anymore, I figured someone here would know.

index.php?t=getfile&id=714&private=0

Floyd
  • Attachment: FM jack.jpg
    (Size: 275.26KB, Downloaded 1585 times)

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: What kind of FM jack is this? [message #71375 is a reply to message #71374] Wed, 15 February 2012 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a PAL connector. You can get them at C.Crane and I think Radio Shack has them too. You might want to get an adapter that connects to a coax connector like used for cable TV.

Re: What kind of FM jack is this? [message #71376 is a reply to message #71375] Wed, 15 February 2012 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Thanks! Coax was what I had in mind for the antenna.

You know that you are responsible for my sudden interest in music.
I was perfectly content to watch mindless movies until I got some of your speakers.

Floyd

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. -- Albert Einstein
Re: What kind of FM jack is this? [message #71377 is a reply to message #71376] Thu, 16 February 2012 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's good to hear, thanks!

Re: What kind of FM jack is this? [message #71391 is a reply to message #71377] Thu, 16 February 2012 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi, They will also generally accept a push on type F connector like on a normal US CATV system.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: What kind of FM jack is this? [message #71394 is a reply to message #71391] Thu, 16 February 2012 21:57 Go to previous message
Master
I appreciate that. Those are easy to find. I don't want to put up a big antenna, but twin lead is awful crummy to work with.

Previous Topic: Grammy's audio
Next Topic: Headphone Cabling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 23:35:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout