Home » Audio » General » Audio Demo Rooms
Audio Demo Rooms [message #71311] Thu, 09 February 2012 07:56 Go to next message
LeeLee is currently offline  LeeLee
Chancellor
I hardly go to Best Buy, but I needed to kill some time yesterday. I head to the audio area, and they had a pretty good selection. The thing that killed me, was the audio demo room was in horrible shape. No music was playing, to draw me in. There was dust on everything, like the audio demo room was a neglected tomb. There wasn't even a salesperson over there. Are all stores like this now? Are audio demo rooms no longer needed?
Re: Audio Demo Rooms [message #71335 is a reply to message #71311] Thu, 09 February 2012 21:55 Go to previous message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Fortunately there are some still in existence. Best Buy is not such a place. The easiest way to find one is to pick some top end piece of equipment and google the manufacturer and see who is the nearest dealer. Almost certainly he will carry several good brands and have listening rooms. On thing for sure... when I visit such a place if the first room has mega watt 7-8-9 channel stuff, I walk out. They are unlikely to have anything I care about. Rolling Eyes

Good Listening
Bruce
Previous Topic: Where do you get your electronic parts?
Next Topic: Alan Parsons speaks about the A/V world
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 14:48:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout