Home » Audio » General » Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby
Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71012] Mon, 16 January 2012 20:37 Go to next message
Lancelot is currently offline  Lancelot
Viscount
A friend of mine is pregnant and she wants her child to listen to classical music. She puts a headphone on her womb and then play the music. I advised her that she must use a speaker instead of headphone. Is it safe for her baby if she continue using a headphone on her belly?
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71199 is a reply to message #71012] Fri, 03 February 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lostinstereo is currently offline  lostinstereo
Chancellor
As long as the volume is low and the sounds are soothing it should, in my opinion, be fine. Mind you, I'm not a doctor. They have pregnancy headphones, though. Smile
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71200 is a reply to message #71199] Fri, 03 February 2012 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gofar99 is currently offline  gofar99
Illuminati (5th Degree)
Hi Have you considered one of the inexpensive "pillow" speakers. They were rather common and were designed to put under the pillow.

Good Listening
Bruce
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71207 is a reply to message #71012] Fri, 03 February 2012 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carson is currently offline  Carson
Chancellor
I am not sure if the headphones are bad or not. I am pretty sure the fetus can hear the outside world as it is, so maybe just playing music without being too close would work.
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71226 is a reply to message #71012] Sun, 05 February 2012 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chicken is currently offline  Chicken
Grand Master
As long as it's not too loud, I wouldn't worry about headphones for a baby in utero. The layers of skin, fat, and muscle, along with the amniotic sac, help muffle the sound anyway.
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71808 is a reply to message #71012] Sat, 17 March 2012 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jammin_nmy_livinroom is currently offline  jammin_nmy_livinroom
Chancellor
I think it's pretty common for a woman to place headphones on her belly and let the baby listen to music during the pregnancy. Like the post above said, I really don't think you have anything to worry about, as long as the music isn't at max volume, because of the skin, fat, muscles, organs, etc., between the headphones and the baby.
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71821 is a reply to message #71012] Sun, 18 March 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
love2play is currently offline  love2play
Master
I don't think the headphones will harm the baby at all as long as the volume is reasonable. There is no need for the headphones though if you play music on the stereo. The baby can hear the music playing around the mom even without them.
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #71823 is a reply to message #71012] Sun, 18 March 2012 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nymeria is currently offline  Nymeria
Illuminati (1st Degree)
That is true; the headphones aren't really necessary, but using them won't harm anything either.

I don't think having the baby listen to music in utero is advantageous but if the mother wants to do it, why not?
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #72001 is a reply to message #71012] Wed, 04 April 2012 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ah no worrys mate, I've know pregnant women going to concerts standing in front of double 18's subs, and the baby would be just boogying away bouncing around in the fluid, and when they we're born, they turned out normal.
Re: Speaker or Headphone For an Unborn Baby [message #72021 is a reply to message #71012] Thu, 05 April 2012 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
audioaudio90 is currently offline  audioaudio90
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Good point, Bill! Smile Whenever I talk to pregnant women who go to a concert, they mention their baby was kicking like crazy but the baby always turns out just fine.
Previous Topic: Would someone bring me up to speed on 6 channel audio?
Next Topic: Fiber Optic or RCA Cable - Which do you prefer?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:37:02 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio