Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? (4Pi)
May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? [message #71080] Tue, 24 January 2012 14:27 Go to next message
filtor1 is currently offline  filtor1
Esquire
I just wanted to start off saying thank you for your many contributions to this industry. After reading the reviews of the 4Pi design as well as your customer support, it was a real no brainer to select my next project. Will you please mail me the plans for the 4Pi?

I plan on purchasing the horn/CD/crossover and waiting for some 2226h's to pop up in used form. On a personal note, we are holding off until the layoff's are announced. This will delay the project,but hopefully not by much. Smile

One question I do have is about placement. I am using these as L/C/R's with JBL 8330 guts in homemade cabs. My son is on the verge of crawling/walking and I need to elevate these off the ground in hopes his curiosity about them will have to wait till he is in high school. Very Happy The top of the cabs will be ~ 7.5' off the ground and the same height as the surrounds. I can aim them as needed, however, would you recommend against this? I can totally shift gears if it is detrimental to the experience. I will take a picture of the area I have to work with.

Also, here is the audio equipment:
Yamaha RXV2400
PS3 as BR Player
Dayton 15" Titanic Subwoofer kit
JBL 8330's for surrounds
Re: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? [message #71081 is a reply to message #71080] Tue, 24 January 2012 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I have wanted to relocate the buffet to another room for a while and move all the components to a shelf I have yet to build on either side of the fireplace to the left. I just need to figure out how to hide it from view of the windows. I am weird like that. this would free up the option of the L/C/R all on stands at equal height below the screen. With that option I will need to spend extra time with my son on not touching them. The other option is across the ceiling line at equal height above the screen.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff35/filtor1/DSC02695.jpg
Re: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? [message #71082 is a reply to message #71081] Tue, 24 January 2012 16:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'll send you plans for the four π but honestly, with that room, I'd go with seven π speakers instead. Your layout is perfect for them and the drivers are naturally protected from curious young hands.
Let me know which model you prefer and I'll send plans right away.

Re: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? [message #71083 is a reply to message #71080] Tue, 24 January 2012 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
The seven π is beautiful and may be better suited to this room, however even the four π are at the top end of my price range.

The room is also very uneven. from the right window to the wall I have 20.5" and from the left window to the wall I have 32.5" and the left channel would be obstructed by the fireplace. On the right there is a large opening 72" for the foyer that lies opposite the fireplace. offset on the back wall is the opening 9'6" for the dining room. In all honestly this room is a nightmare for acoustics. For instance, I have a wall/door on the rear left I don't have on the right. We have tried putting the tv in front of the fireplace and it really did help for the L/R channels but destroyed the center and surrounds. I nor the receiver's tuning mic could sort it. These room oddities and cost are why I didn't consider the seven π.

I don't take your suggestions lightly though. If you think I would be unhappy/dissatisfied with what my budget can get me right now. I have no problem postponing the project.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

Chris LaSalle
Re: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? [message #71091 is a reply to message #71083] Wed, 25 January 2012 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I think I may have mistaken the photo, thinking the left wall was as close to the window as the right wall. In this case, four π speakers with flanking subs are your best option. I've sent plans.

Re: May I have the enclosure plans for your 4Pi speaker? [message #71094 is a reply to message #71080] Wed, 25 January 2012 09:04 Go to previous message
Esquire
I realize that may have not been the best picture of the space I have. Thank you again!

Chris
Previous Topic: 4pi plans and questions
Next Topic: Subwoofer Crossover
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 23:39:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers